March 10 - 21st, 2022
After a 6-week planning marathon for ETHDenver, Blu3 DAO was asked to plan a scholarship program for ETHRio with less than 10 days away! Initially, we thought it’d be an impossible task. However, Blu3 DAO core members were quick to jump in and take the lead. In 5 days, we were able to promote the scholarship, review the applications and select 40 incredible scholars!
Blu3 DAO brought 40 scholars to Rio, Brazil for an intense but life-changing event! There were 10 core team RIO members and 30 scholars. Blu3 DAO prioritized women and non-binary scholars in our selection process, with a focused of local scholars from LATAM. The selection process was incredibly competitive (25% acceptance rate) and highly rigorous, but this resulted in high quality talent and contributions from Blu3 scholars.
A BIG THANK YOU to our generous sponsor and partner - Harmony & the Harmony RIO team!💙
"Seems like I lived ten years of friendship in ten days" - Marcelo, Brazil, Blu3 DAO scholar and PhD (Researcher on Institutions)
- Organized 40 high quality scholars 👩🏻❤️👩🏼 to ETH RIO - scholars were from 14 different countries, and 9 LATAM countries. Scholars highlight includes, but not limited to:
- Aline Silva - Former Brazil Olympic wrestler (Brazil)
- Mari G - Founder of Metoo DAO; Lawyer and Advocator (Brazil)
- Aminta - Visual Artist, talented photographer. Creator and artist. (Guatemala)
- Doris H. - Stanford Grad, Dippii a web 3 Dapp Co-founder (Honduras)
- Annalisa - Entrepreneur and Creator; founder of Crypto Mujeres DAO (Peru)
- Diana - Journalist and RIO Hackathon Judge (Venezuela)
- Held a kick-off meeting with all scholars PRIOR to the trip - presented Blu3 DAO’s mission and mandate, scholar expectations and provided logistical information (including visa, safety vaccination requirements, hotel, etc.), This is the first time scholars meet each other virtually, prior to the IRL RIO events.
See link below for our kick-off deck with the scholars:
- Organized an icebreaker session to welcome scholars to ETHRio at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel’s poolside lounge area with a review of Blu3 DAO’s mission, Harmony’s sponsorship and vision, scholars expectations and ETHRio schedule of Blu3, Harmony, and main ETHRio conference activities.
- Planned, managed and executed a “Day with Blu3 DAO and Harmony” - this is a 2-hour session for scholars and visitors to learn about Harmony and Blu3 DAO. Event was well attended by approximately 50 people. Topics included:
- Harmony Kick-Off - Boris
- How to stake ONEs - Juan and Al Cheung
- ZKU Learn to Earn Course Preview - Semar
- Timeless ONE - Wallet Demo - Estie
- How to mint NFT on MAD NFT - Jeffrey
- Blu3 DAO
- Intro to Blu3 DAO - our mission, our future and roadmap - Amy & Novell
- How to Vote using Snapshot - Blu3 scholar led by Daphne and Nikita - our first live voting process as a DAO!
- How to Claim your HRC-20 social tokens - with airdropped $BLU3OG tokens to every scholar
- Choreographed, rehearsed and produced the Music Video “Out Out” with Blu3 members and co-founders @Amy Soon and @Novell, led by artist, songwriter, singer Rime Salmi. Final performance featuring artist Rime at Harmony’s main closing event.
- Planned, managed and conducted an intimate TGI by the beach with Blu3 scholars and the Harmony team. The event was key to fostering intimacy and a sense of community in Blu3. More than 50 people attended the night event and have received tremendous positive feedback.
- Actively assisted scholars and grantees in writing and reviewing Project Y proposals. Amongst Blu3 DAO scholars, a total of 14 new DAOs (see list below) were formed directly from scholars and Blu3 assisted in a total of 22 DAOs formation (including non scholars) out of the total of 32 Project Y grants by Harmony. Process for DAOs formed includes:
- Identifying good projects with strong talents and/or good following with feasible DAO / social token use cases
- Writing a Project Y grant proposal to Harmony
- In-person meeting at ETHRio with Y grant teammates to discuss DAO ideas
- Set up a 3 governor/signatory with Harmony multi-sig
- Launch of HRC-20 social tokens, where applicable
- Use of Mad NFT platform, where applicable
- Hosting a post-ETHRio Social Token 101 and Minting Workshop to onboard and support all 32 Project Y grantees as part of launching our first monthly AMA/training workshop
- Connecting new DAOs to Harmony DAO tooling and DAO community for ongoing support and collaboration as well as launching Blu3 DAO Alliance for continuous community support
- Closing Blu3 DAO event with scholars at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel - with closing messages about the culture and future of Blu3 DAO. Partnered with Black Leaders DAO to give a presentation on “Defi - Liquidity Pooling” and Harmony’s ONE Book: Create Wealth in Harmony book giveaway by author @Amy Soon.